The vision of our Men’s Proverbs here at Foster Chapel Baptist Church is to be a spiritual blacksmith shop – to come alongside men in our church and help sharpen each other daily on our life long spiritual journey.
Contrary to contemporary thinking, being a Christian is not just an event or a title. It is a continuous process that lasts from the moment we trust Christ as Lord and Savior to the day that we depart this earth and are present with the Lord.
As men, we all have many different roles that we fill:
Sons, Brothers, Fathers, Colleagues, Friends, Leaders – the list goes on and on. As part of our overall purpose, our lessons designed to equip and disciple men in building authentic faith that permeates every facet of our lives by dealing with REAL life issues that men encounter on a daily basis:
- Lived out in our daily activities
- Modeled in our homes and communities, and
- Passed down to the next generation
Are you ready to start living the life that God has prepared you for?
Let me challenge you to start leading out today by:
- Attend a Men’s Bible Study and join in and share your thoughts and experiences during our sessions. 1st step in building community in the church. (Hebrews 10:25)
- Finding a place to serve. (1 Peter 4:10)
- Look for discipleship opportunities. (1 Timothy 4:6-8)
- Put it into practice! (James 1:22-25)
Deacon Todd Kelly Sr.
Bro. LeRoy Thompson